Hottop KN-8828B-2K+ Coffee Roaster - With Fully Programmable Controls
About the Hottop KN-8828B-2K+ Roaster:
Hottop makes several great roasters. In fact we started Sagebrush Coffee, by roasting on this exact roaster (I wouldn't recommend starting a business on this roaster). Physically, all 3 Hottop models are the same roaster. The drum, motors, framework, filters, and most of the electronics are exactly the same parts. The difference between the three models is the design of the control panel and the operation of the user interface and how that interface controls the roaster.
This model has the most sophisticated controls of the 2.
This grinder is drop-shipped from the manufacturer. We will include an 8lb starter kit of green beans shipped from our roastery.
About The Hottop Coffee Roaster:
This coffee roaster is the perfect easy to use home roaster. It has pre-programmed roast setting and also allows you to manually control the roast parameters. It has a huge roast capacity, as far as home roasters are concerned, with 1 pound batches. The smoke suppression within it give you the ability to roast indoors (which is a huge highlight for those of us in Arizona that want to drink coffee in the summer).
- Dual K thermocouples monitor bean temperature and environmental temperature
- Auto and manual control roasting
- Temperature, time, fan speed, and heating element power can easily be modified during the roast
- Auto mode allows operation much like older models as well
- Numerous safety functions including manual emergency eject
- Capacity: 225g - 300g per roasting (250g optimal)
All Hottop Roaster Features:
- Computer controlled roasting for accuracy and repeatability
- Fully automatic roasting & cooling
- User can end roast at any time.
- Manual Emergency Eject mechanism
- External cooling tray with agitation arm and forced-air cooling fan. Beans cool in 4 to 5 minutes
- Deep chaff tray to make removal of chaff easy
- Very quiet operation. Easy to hear 1st and 2nd crack
- Built-in smoke reduction system
- Stainless steel cover and drum, Steel internal frame
- Large window gives excellent view of the beans during roasting
- Audible and visual signals of roast progress
- Steel Drum: 4 x 8 inches
- Viewing window: 4 inches
- Height: 14 inch
- Width: 10 inch
- Depth: 19 inch
- Weight: 19 pounds
- Warranty: 1 year