Sagebrush Coffee | Archived
Guatemala Alto Campamento
Guatemalan coffees are rich in flavor with an underlying sweetness and are often among our best selling offerings. This coffee gives you everything you want to have in a great Guatemalan coffee. Tropical Fruit and Chocolate is always a winning combination and the Guatemala Alto Campamento perfectly balances rich sweetness with gentle acidity. I think this coffee will be a favorite for many of our regulars.
|Roast Level:||City Plus (Medium)|
|Processing:||Washed (Wet Process)|
|Flavor Notes:||Cocoa, Tropical Fruit|
|Recommended Brew Methods:||Drip, Espresso, Immersion, Cold Brew|
Aurelio Villatoro was born into coffee. As a child he dedicated himself diligently to his studies, and when he finished school he became a mechanic and returned to Finca La Esperanza, his father's farm. His hope was to continue the work of farming with his father, and in 1986 he founded his own farm called "Villaure" a combination of his first and last names. At first, his plot of coffee was very small, but with enthusiasm, and dedication, he increased productivity and slowly bought more lots. From the year 2002 to date, the family has received numerous awards nationally and internationally.
In addition to whole coffee beans, we currently offer 4 different coffee grind levels. Listed below with descriptions.
Whole Bean: Unground coffee for a home grinder.
Coarse: Think sugar in the raw, maybe more coarse
Recommended for Chemex Brewer, French Press, Cold Brew
Medium: Slightly coarser than table salt
Recommended for Flat bottom brewers, Kalitta, and Cloth filters
Fine: Slightly finer than table salt
Recommended for V60 pour overs, Typical cone filter coffee pots, Aeropress.
Extra Fine: Like powdered sugar
Recommended for Espresso or Moka pot.
If at all possible, we recommend grinding at home. We prefer Baratza coffee grinders and offer several of their models for sale. Click here to shop for one of their brewers.
We roast and ship all of our coffees daily. Unlike many roasters, they pick a day for each varietal. We roast in small enough batches to guarantee that every bag of coffee that you order is roasted after you order it, usually the day after you order it. We then ship it that day.
We primarily use USPS priority shipping and we've found that they are more consistent on some days vs. others. Sometime we'll use Fedex 2 day when the economics of the order make sense. We like to use priority shipping which is supposed to be 2/3 day shipping to most of the country, but that doesn't always happen, in fact, our analytics show that about 10% of the time it takes 4 days or longer to receive the coffee.
That said, due to COVID-19, USPS has announced that Priority will be 3-4 days. I'm guessing that means that you'll see 5, 6 or even 7 days to get your package right now. So read below for a pricing / option change that we're making during this period.
Our Latest Analysis of April - July 2020 Deliveries Shows:
- USPS: Average Delivery is about 4 days, ~2% are taking longer than 9 days
- FedEx: Average Delivery is about 3.25 days, 0.5% are taking longer than 7 days
We believe that with this schedule your coffee will be the freshest possible every time.
Also, if you order before 6am AZ on most days, we'll be able to include it in that day's production, but depending on volume it may go out the next day. We hope as we grow, we'll still be able to meet these commitments.
Coffee Order Shipping Policy:
- On coffee orders, we choose the lowest priced option between USPS Priority & Fedex 2day. Generally it is USPS priority (3-4 days).
- Lowest priced priority shipping price is $5.00 on orders under $30
- Lowest priced priority shipping for $30 Orders is FREE
- During COVID-19, you'll have the opportunity to choose your preferred shipping method for a $3 upgrade.
Brewing Equipment Shipping Policy:
- Unless otherwise noted all items are shipped the lowest priced between USPS Priority (3-4 days) or Fedex Home Delivery (4 days).
- Priority shipping price is $5.00 on orders under $30
- FREE USPS Priority shipping price for $30 Orders
- Our shipping cut-off is about 10am. Typically, if an order comes in before that time, we ship same day. Otherwise, we ship next day.