Brazil Fazenda Nossa Natural
Brazil has become one of our favorite countries of origin. The beans are often rich, complex, and exhibit a nutty-chocolatey, sweet taste. This coffee is exceptional and has a fruitier profile compared to the previous Brazilian beans we have offered. Pile that on top of its brown sugar/honey sweetness and juicy pear-like mouthfeel, and you've got yourself a beautifully balanced cup, the perfect way to start your day!
|Roast Level:||Dark (Full City Plus)|
|Processing:||Natural (Dry Process)|
|Flavor Notes:||Brown Sugar, Honey, Pear, Melon|
|Recommended Brew Methods:||Drip, Espresso, French Press, Pour Over|
|Farm:||Fazenda Nossa Senhora de Fátima|
|Varietal:||Acaiá, Bourbon, Catuai|
Fazenda Nossa Senhora de Fátima Coffee Production:
Maury Faleiros is a farmer from the town of Ibiraci in Minas Gerais, an area bordering the regions of Alta Mogiana and South Minas Gerais. Maury's farm Fazenda Nossa Senhora de Fatima is a 100+ year old estate founded in 1912. The family has been growing coffee for 4 generations, always trying to improve their coffee's quality.
In addition to whole coffee beans, we currently offer 4 different coffee grind levels. Listed below with descriptions.
Whole Bean: Unground coffee for a home grinder.
Coarse: Think sugar in the raw, maybe more coarse
Recommended for Chemex Brewer, French Press, Cold Brew
Medium: Slightly coarser than table salt
Recommended for Flat bottom brewers, Kalitta, and Cloth filters
Fine: Slightly finer than table salt
Recommended for V60 pour overs, Typical cone filter coffee pots, Aeropress.
Extra Fine: Like powdered sugar
Recommended for Espresso or Moka pot.
If at all possible, we recommend grinding at home. We prefer Baratza coffee grinders and offer several of their models for sale. Click here to shop for one of their brewers.
We roast and ship all of our coffees daily. Unlike many roasters, they pick a day for each varietal. We roast in small enough batches to guarantee that every bag of coffee that you order is roasted after you order it, usually the day after you order it. We then ship it that day.
We primarily use USPS priority shipping and we've found that they are more consistent on some days vs. others. Sometime we'll use Fedex 2 day when the economics of the order make sense. We like to use priority shipping which is supposed to be 2/3 day shipping to most of the country, but that doesn't always happen, in fact, our analytics show that about 10% of the time it takes 4 days or longer to receive the coffee.
That said, due to COVID-19, USPS has announced that Priority will be 3-4 days. I'm guessing that means that you'll see 5, 6 or even 7 days to get your package right now. So read below for a pricing / option change that we're making during this period.
Our Latest Analysis of April - July 2020 Deliveries Shows:
- USPS: Average Delivery is about 4 days, ~2% are taking longer than 9 days
- FedEx: Average Delivery is about 3.25 days, 0.5% are taking longer than 7 days
We believe that with this schedule your coffee will be the freshest possible every time.
Also, if you order before 6am AZ on most days, we'll be able to include it in that day's production, but depending on volume it may go out the next day. We hope as we grow, we'll still be able to meet these commitments.
Coffee Order Shipping Policy:
- On coffee orders, we choose the lowest priced option between USPS Priority & Fedex 2day. Generally it is USPS priority (3-4 days).
- Lowest priced priority shipping price is $5.00 on orders under $30
- Lowest priced priority shipping for $30 Orders is FREE
- During COVID-19, you'll have the opportunity to choose your preferred shipping method for a $3 upgrade.
Brewing Equipment Shipping Policy:
- Unless otherwise noted all items are shipped the lowest priced between USPS Priority (3-4 days) or Fedex Home Delivery (4 days).
- Priority shipping price is $5.00 on orders under $30
- FREE USPS Priority shipping price for $30 Orders
- Our shipping cut-off is about 10am. Typically, if an order comes in before that time, we ship same day. Otherwise, we ship next day.