Peru Lima Cajamarca Gold Label
We love the rich, caramel notes in this Peruvian coffee, mixed with the nutty sweetness and juicy mouthfeel. Similar to a ripe apple or pear. It produces a beautifully balanced cup, with a dark, complex body. As we sampled this coffee along the different roast profiles, we found a wide range of flavor notes. Which we believe is a testimony to the quality of this coffee. We could've launched this coffee as a fruited light roast or as a complex medium roast, but we decided that it really shines roasted dark, showing off the delicious caramelized and nutty flavors. This coffee is the perfect way to start your day!
|Roast Level:||Dark (Full City Plus)|
|Processing:||Washed (Wet Process)|
|Flavor Notes:||Apple, Toffee, Caramel|
|Body:||Complex, Juicy, Bold|
|Recommended Brew Methods:||Drip, Espresso, Cold Brew, Pour Over|
|Farm:||400 Smallholder Farmer Members of Lima Coffees|
|Varietal:||Caturra, Typica, Catimor, Mundo Novo, Pache|
Lima Coffees Coffee Production
Rony Lavan is an ambitious and quality-driven cupper who has spent his career trying to carve out better and bolder coffees from small producers in Peru. While the country is emerging as a specialty market after many years of focusing on bigger lots and certifications, Rony's passion is with identifying and developing the top scores and the best cups.
As president of the Lima Coffees exporting organization, Rony has already established himself as standing at the fore of microlot-quality coffees in Cajamarca. His first year with Lima Coffees, he entered the national competition and won; with the introduction of the Cup of Excellence competition to Peru in 2017, the country is poised to enter the international spotlight for its finest offerings. Rony and his coffees will be the ones to watch.
In addition to whole coffee beans, we currently offer 4 different coffee grind levels. Listed below with descriptions.
Whole Bean: Unground coffee for a home grinder.
Coarse: Think sugar in the raw, maybe more coarse
Recommended for Chemex Brewer, French Press, Cold Brew
Medium: Slightly coarser than table salt
Recommended for Flat bottom brewers, Kalitta, and Cloth filters
Fine: Slightly finer than table salt
Recommended for V60 pour overs, Typical cone filter coffee pots, Aeropress.
Extra Fine: Like powdered sugar
Recommended for Espresso or Moka pot.
If at all possible, we recommend grinding at home. We prefer Baratza coffee grinders and offer several of their models for sale. Click here to shop for one of their brewers.
We roast and ship all of our coffees daily. Unlike many roasters, they pick a day for each varietal. We roast in small enough batches to guarantee that every bag of coffee that you order is roasted after you order it, usually the day after you order it. It then ships out on the next pickup. USPS usually comes each morning and FedEx each afternoon.
We believe that with this schedule your coffee will be the freshest possible every time.
Also, if you order before 6am AZ on most days, we'll be able to include it in that day's production, but depending on volume it may go out the next day. We hope as we grow, we'll still be able to meet these commitments.
Coffee Order Shipping Policy:
We've felt the impact of COVID in our carriers' shipping times more than anywhere else. What used to be 2-3 days for USPS is now more like 4-7 days. So recently we updated our shipping policy to make an upgrade to FedEx 2 day shipping as accessible as possible. That means we have the following shipping policy.
- On coffee orders of 1 bag of 6oz, 8oz, 12oz, or 16oz we charge $5 for USPS shipping (4-7 days) and $7 for FedEx 2 day shipping.
- On all coffee orders of 2 bags of more (any size) we offer FREE USPS shipping (4-7 days) and $2 for a FedEx 2 day shipping upgrade.
- On all coffee orders of 2 pounds or more we upgrade to FedEx 2 day shipping for FREE.
Brewing Equipment Shipping Policy:
- Unless otherwise noted all items are shipped the lowest priced between USPS (4-7 days) or Fedex Home Delivery (4 days).
- Shipping will cost $10.00 for orders under $50
- FedEx 2 Day is available for $20 more on most items.
- Our shipping cut-off is about 10am. Typically, if an order comes in before that time, we ship same day. Otherwise, we ship next day.
*No delivery times are guaranteed, USPS is running consistent significant delays, FedEx are about 1 day late 10-15% of the time.
- Note that FedEx does not ship to PO boxes, so if you pick FedEx and have a PO box we will ship that order USPS Priority.
- To maintain these discounts we will primarily be shipping in USPS Flat Rate Padded Envelopes or FedEx Padded Paks. We know the 'unboxing' of these are not optimal, but our goal is to get you your coffee in the best cost model possible and this is our solution.