Panama Altieri Typica Black Label
We've been offering this coffee for a while and although it is still cupping as strong as ever, we decided to mark it down a bit so that we can manage our inventory for the next crop as it comes in. We expect to keep this coffee priced this low until we run out.
This Black Label coffee really hits the nail on the head. The first sips show up nutty and smooth like a delicious, shortbread cookie. Then I pick up a subtle citrus flavor like lemon in the finish. It is as expected: a clean, sweet cup. You do not want to miss out on this one!
|Roast Level:||City Plus (Medium)|
|Processing:||Washed (Wet Process)|
|Flavor Notes:||Almonds, Shortbread Cookie, Lemon|
|Body:||Smooth, Creamy, Juicy|
|Brew Methods:||French Press, Drip, Espresso|
Altieri Coffee Production / Farm:
Altieri Specialty Coffee produces the best varieties of specialty coffee, between its two farms located in Boquete; one of the most internationally recognized lands for the quality of its coffee. The Callejón Seco farm grows varieties such as: Typica, Catuai, and Geisha. This farm is on a property of 45 hectares, located on the slopes of the Barú Volcano, with a height between 1700 to 2200 meters above sea level. The farm is within the National Park, a beautiful natural conservation area, surrounded by a cloud forest that offers its unique and special flavor. They collect the fruits (cherries) by hand-selecting the grains that are just ripe and thus guarantee the best quality.
In addition to whole coffee beans, we currently offer 4 different coffee grind levels. Listed below with descriptions.
Whole Bean: Unground coffee for a home grinder.
Coarse: Think sugar in the raw, maybe more coarse
Recommended for Chemex Brewer, French Press, Cold Brew
Medium: Slightly coarser than table salt
Recommended for Flat bottom brewers, Kalitta, and Cloth filters
Fine: Slightly finer than table salt
Recommended for V60 pour overs, Typical cone filter coffee pots, Aeropress.
Extra Fine: Like powdered sugar
Recommended for Espresso or Moka pot.
If at all possible, we recommend grinding at home. We prefer Baratza coffee grinders and offer several of their models for sale. Click here to shop for one of their brewers.
We roast and ship all of our coffees daily. Unlike many roasters, they pick a day for each varietal. We roast in small enough batches to guarantee that every bag of coffee that you order is roasted after you order it, usually the day after you order it. It then ships out on the next pickup. USPS usually comes each morning and FedEx each afternoon.
We believe that with this schedule your coffee will be the freshest possible every time.
Also, if you order before 6am AZ on most days, we'll be able to include it in that day's production, but depending on volume it may go out the next day. We hope as we grow, we'll still be able to meet these commitments.
Coffee Order Shipping Policy:
We've felt the impact of COVID in our carriers' shipping times more than anywhere else. What used to be 2-3 days for USPS is now more like 4-7 days. So recently we updated our shipping policy to make an upgrade to FedEx 2 day shipping as accessible as possible. That means we have the following shipping policy.
- On coffee orders of 1 bag of 6oz, 8oz, 12oz, or 16oz we charge $5 for USPS shipping (4-7 days) and $7 for FedEx 2 day shipping.
- On all coffee orders of 2 bags of more (any size) we offer FREE USPS shipping (4-7 days) and $2 for a FedEx 2 day shipping upgrade.
- On all coffee orders of 2 pounds or more we upgrade to FedEx 2 day shipping for FREE.
Brewing Equipment Shipping Policy:
- Unless otherwise noted all items are shipped the lowest priced between USPS (4-7 days) or Fedex Home Delivery (4 days).
- Shipping will cost $10.00 for orders under $50
- FedEx 2 Day is available for $20 more on most items.
- Our shipping cut-off is about 10am. Typically, if an order comes in before that time, we ship same day. Otherwise, we ship next day.
*No delivery times are guaranteed, USPS is running consistent significant delays, FedEx are about 1 day late 10-15% of the time.
- Note that FedEx does not ship to PO boxes, so if you pick FedEx and have a PO box we will ship that order USPS Priority.
- To maintain these discounts we will primarily be shipping in USPS Flat Rate Padded Envelopes or FedEx Padded Paks. We know the 'unboxing' of these are not optimal, but our goal is to get you your coffee in the best cost model possible and this is our solution.