Peru Naranjillo Organic Swiss Water® Process Decaf
We've added several Decafs, partly because I need to drink less caffeine and partly because our friends at Swiss Water Process keep releasing amazing coffees. This Peruvian Organic was cupped with notes of a deep flavor with cocoa aroma and almond in the finish. A smooth, rich mouthfeel and an excellent cup of coffee.
|Roast Level:||City (Light)|
|Processing:||Swiss Water® Process|
|Flavor Notes:||Cocoa & Almond|
|Recommended Brew Methods:||Drip, Cold Brew|
This bean goes through a Swiss Water Process which uses water from the pristine environment of the coast mountains of British Columbia, Canada to gently remove the caffeine until the coffee beans are 99.9% caffeine-free, while maintaining the bean's distinctive origin and flavor characteristics. It's decaffeinated coffee without compromise. Coffee decaffeinated using the environment-friendly Swiss Water Process undergoes regular caffeine level audits to ensure compliance to 99.9% caffeine-free.
In addition to whole coffee beans, we currently offer 4 different coffee grind levels. Listed below with descriptions.
Whole Bean: Unground coffee for a home grinder.
Coarse: Think sugar in the raw, maybe more coarse
Recommended for Chemex Brewer, French Press, Cold Brew
Medium: Slightly coarser than table salt
Recommended for Flat bottom brewers, Kalitta, and Cloth filters
Fine: Slightly finer than table salt
Recommended for V60 pour overs, Typical cone filter coffee pots, Aeropress.
Extra Fine: Like powdered sugar
Recommended for Espresso or Moka pot.
If at all possible, we recommend grinding at home. We prefer Baratza coffee grinders and offer several of their models for sale. Click here to shop for one of their brewers.
We roast and ship all of our coffees daily. Unlike many roasters, they pick a day for each varietal. We roast in small enough batches to guarantee that every bag of coffee that you order is roasted after you order it, usually the day after you order it. We then ship it that day.
We primarily use USPS priority shipping and we've found that they are more consistent on some days vs. others. Sometime we'll use Fedex 2 day when the economics of the order make sense. We like to use priority shipping which is supposed to be 2/3 day shipping to most of the country, but that doesn't always happen, in fact, our analytics show that about 10% of the time it takes 4 days or longer to receive the coffee.
That said, due to COVID-19, USPS has announced that Priority will be 3-4 days. I'm guessing that means that you'll see 5, 6 or even 7 days to get your package right now. So read below for a pricing / option change that we're making during this period.
Our Latest Analysis of April - July 2020 Deliveries Shows:
- USPS: Average Delivery is about 4 days, ~2% are taking longer than 9 days
- FedEx: Average Delivery is about 3.25 days, 0.5% are taking longer than 7 days
We believe that with this schedule your coffee will be the freshest possible every time.
Also, if you order before 6am AZ on most days, we'll be able to include it in that day's production, but depending on volume it may go out the next day. We hope as we grow, we'll still be able to meet these commitments.
Coffee Order Shipping Policy:
- On coffee orders, we choose the lowest priced option between USPS Priority & Fedex 2day. Generally it is USPS priority (3-4 days).
- Lowest priced priority shipping price is $5.00 on orders under $30
- Lowest priced priority shipping for $30 Orders is FREE
- During COVID-19, you'll have the opportunity to choose your preferred shipping method for a $3 upgrade.
Brewing Equipment Shipping Policy:
- Unless otherwise noted all items are shipped the lowest priced between USPS Priority (3-4 days) or Fedex Home Delivery (4 days).
- Priority shipping price is $5.00 on orders under $30
- FREE USPS Priority shipping price for $30 Orders
- Our shipping cut-off is about 10am. Typically, if an order comes in before that time, we ship same day. Otherwise, we ship next day.
This Peru Decaf Organic Coffee is my decaf coffee of choice. I switch between 985 Blend of which I love to the Peru Decaf during the day. A rich smooth body with luscious coffee at the sip and after swallow. Very smooth and pleasing to the palate.
This tasted awesome for decaf I‚Äôm going to order more