2020 was the first year in our history where we missed the Christmas cut-off for many of our packages. That drove me nuts, so I watched closely all year to prepare for this season. As I considered solutions, it became obvious to me that FedEx was WAY more consistent with their delivery times, but they have fallen short in many ways. So I've finally done what I was avoiding for years. I've added a 3rd carrier, UPS. They are fairly cost prohibitive, unless you live in a neighboring state to Sagebrush. However, they are very reliable and give us a decent option. I've learned that you know what is best for your home.
So the problem I decided to solve was, "How can I give each customer a transparent shipping model, that also gives them the best opportunity to get their coffee quickly?"
So we have recently added UPS ground as a shipping option. This will be helpful for customers in the following states, since UPS ground is 2-3 day service in those areas. For people outside of those states, it gives you the ability to pick the carrier that you've had the best luck with:
- New Mexico
Today we are launching a new shipping policy that we believe solves that problem. The biggest change you'll feel is that it may be a little confusing, since we have different policies for different states.The policy below starts today:
Closer Customers (states listed above):
- On coffee orders of 1 bag of 6oz, 8oz, 12oz, or 16oz we charge $6 for UPS Ground shipping (1-3 days), $8 for USPS Priority and $10 for FedEx 2-3 day shipping.
- On all coffee orders of 2 bags we offer FREE UPS Ground shipping (1-3 days) and $2 for a USPS Priority shipping upgrade & $4 for FedEx 2-3 day shipping upgrade.
Further Customers, the other 45 States:
- On coffee orders of 1 bag of 6oz, 8oz, 12oz, or 16oz we charge $6 for USPS shipping (4-7 days) and $10 for FedEx 2-3 day shipping or UPS Ground (5-7 days).
- On all coffee orders of 2 bags of more (any size) we offer FREE USPS shipping (4-7 days) and $2 for a FedEx 2-3 day or UPS Ground (5-7 days) shipping upgrade.
- On all coffee orders of 2 pounds or more we upgrade to FedEx 2-3 day shipping for FREE and $1 for a USPS Priority or $4 for UPS Ground (5-7 days) shipping upgrade.
I know this is quite different than anything we've done before and I hope you all embrace this new model.
The easiest way to think about it is:
- 1 bag of coffee costs $6 USPS/UPS (depending on location) and a small additional fee to pick your preferred carrier.
- 2 bags of coffee is free to ship via USPS/UPS (depending on location) and a small fee to pick your preferred carrier.
- 2lbs or more of coffee is free to ship via FedEx/UPS (depending on location) and a small fee to pick your preferred carrier.